Cade’s Log
It has been a few days since the baby Kraken fight and is
the morning of the summit to save the Ulvari Coast. I caught up with Lotty and Kel during
breakfast at the Last Stand Inn and shared with them the news I had heard someone
fitting Elric’s description has been seen in the service of Niallah Mishibi.
We briefly explained our troubles with the Ulvari Cartel, that they are amassing an army of automated creatures to attack Sierrona and Alya. I tried to not scare them away with everything that is going on by leaving things out like the dragon that is hunting us, but Lotty later brought it all up. We were a little standoffish at first, especially Lotty, in worries that one of them may be Vai. Lady Latharial offered for us to test her Moon Beam but refused to let us test the rest and said she vouched for them. We eventually let it drop, but I still have my concerns.
It does seem like they have heard the name Allstair Azher before also, so that might confirm that he is the Marionettest.
I am not sure about the experience of these new associates, they could not identify a simple Warforged from a Godforged. I think might now believe I was made by Aeon rather then made out of gifts he provided. Silas looked a little sheepish when I brought Aeon's name. It is ok though, it is at least better then when I joined up with Lotty and she first thought I was bench clamp for her projects.
Silas' hands were bandaged, and I did try to heal them but he declined and moved away. I am not sure the significance at this time, he called them trophies and blamed his own weapon. I am wondering if we should get him some training with it before we enter combat together.
It seems they found themselves for separate reasons in Zanidonia and did some jobs together. Then fell into the political intrigue and after a few assassination attempts they have formed a tight bond.
Lotty tried to explain to them about the 1,000 or so automatons the Ulvari Cartel by showing her pony. It came out that it was Arnon, her cousin, who helped make them and that he died when we tried to rescue him due to Vai. Lotty is still taking that very hard.
I hope they can hold their own in battle as I fear we will be facing some large fights soon.